Knowing UNTV as the local station with a heart and focus for the often neglected and marginalized sectors of the nation, the Public Service Channel under the helm of veteran broadcaster Daniel Razon will this time celebrate its 10th anniversary by paying tribute to our beloved seniors.
Much more than that, video pluggings being aired by the station show what it has become over the years: “Big 10: Bigger. Better. Broader”. In its ten years of operation, Filipinos following this humble station already saw UNTV as one whose focus has always been about delivering cause-oriented shows, public service and advocacies aimed at uplifting the global Filpino’s welfare and supporting nation-building initiatives.
Caring for the Elderly
A campaign that won for the station its KBP Golden Dove Awards for Public Service Announcement, Kuya Daniel wants more than awareness to be raised about caring for the beloved elderlies. The CEO and Chairman of Breakthrough and Milestones Productions International (BMPI), content provider for UNTV, wants the campaign to become a regular part of the public service offerings of UNTV.
“Most of the time, when one is old, the pervasive notion is that the elderlies are already useless, as if only waiting to die,” said the broadcast journalist. Kuya Daniel believes similar programs like giving priority lanes and senior citizen discounts to elderlies could help increase awareness to finally give attention to the significant roles of the elders.
“When one is already old, little attention to their needs is provided for; there is [often] no realization that those who are old now were the ones providing the needs of those who were also once young. These elders need care and concern now,” said Kuya Daniel in an interview with reporters.
Empowering the elders is one of the main concerns that Kuya Daniel wants to address, starting with the “UNTV Big 10 Elderpowerment Expo Services,” stressing that this is one way to help make the elders “become active” through significant projects that would make them busy.
“We can also tap organizations for senior citizens that will trace their concerns and increase awareness about this caring for the elderly campaign,” added Kuya Daniel. “Our concern is how we can help make them become active part of our society and be recognized for their contributions, considering the experience and wisdom they have acquired through the years.”
Elderpowerment Expo 2014
UNTV dedicates two days to accommodate all the activities it lined up for the Elderpowerment Expo, from June 25 to 26, 2014, at the Philippine Trade Training Center (PTTC) at the Sen. Gil Puyat ave. cor. Roxas Blvd., Pasay City.
Among the services that will be offered during the Expo are as follows:
- Senior Citizens ID application (OSCA) assistance.
- Assistance in obtaining Voter’s ID (Comelec), Police and NBI Clearance (PNP and NBI), Philhealth (Philhealth), NSO Personal Documents (NSO).
- Driver’s License renewal (LTO),
- Pag-ibig Fund general inquiry, status verification and loan application
- SSS change status, membership, disability claims, status verification, retirement pension, maternity form, loan application and general inquiry.
- GSIS membership concerns, disability claims, status verification, retirement pension concerns, loan application, Pabahay Project and general inquiry (Government Service Insurance System).
- Philippine Veterans Affairs Office services for veterans.
- Passport renewal, Visa application forms, change status or name service and consultation with Office of Consular Affairs (Department of Foreign Affairs)
- Application for Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (Philippine Retirement Authority)
- Land registration and other concerns (Land Registration Authority)
- Assistance for Martial Law Victims (CHR and Martial Law Victims Claims Board)
- Assistance for women and children (PNP-Women and Children Protection Center)
- Legal Assistance and Consultation (Department of Justice, Judiciary and Law Center ni Kuya)
- Assistance for OFWs (Philippine Overseas Employment Administration at Overseas Workers Welfare Administration)
Public services that will be offered are as follows:
- Free medical and dental services:
- General Medicine Consultation and Check up
- Ophthalmology & Cataract Consultations
- Minor Surgery
- Diagnostic at laboratory tests
- Special services
- Dermatology service
- Foot Spa
- Reflexology and others
- Job Fair featuring the following companies and agencies:
- Teletech Inc.
- ETE Employment Services
- Pioneer Manpower Services & Placement Agency
- Royal Employment Agency
- SM Malls thru SM Cares Program
- Livelihood Seminars
- Ultima Entrepinoy Forum Center
- Sikap Buhay Entrepreneurship
- Health seminars
- Managing Diabetes in Geriatric Age
- Defy Aging Through Proper Nutrition
- Weight Management Problems of the Elderly
- Managing Urinary Incontinence & Other Related Problems
- Moods Swings by the Bay: Dealing with Old-Age Tantrums
- Oral Care for the Oldies
- Medical, Financial, Educational Assistance at Jobs Referral (Local Government Unit, House of Representatives at Senate)
- Referrals for Office for Senior Citizen Affairs and answer inquiries on Senior Citizen discounts, Social Pension and Pantawid Pamilya program (Department of Social Welfare and Development)
Congratulations to UNTV on your 10th year.